Wednesday 3 March 2010

Cruelty to animals



This is something I will never understand. I mean, what pleasure is there in hurting an animal that cannot even defend itself? If this is not being bad, then I do not know what is. Just think of it, if you were the animal being cruelly treated. How would you feel?


Sadly, statistics released by the RSPCA relating to animal cruelty in 2007 show a worrying upward trend. This is despite the fact that in 2006 the Animal Welfare Act came into force.








Are penalties in regard to animal cruelty not unduly lenient?

1 comment:

  1. This is a good topic to discuss, and I'm glad you raised it because I completely agree.
    Unlike some other areas of bad behaviour, I can find absolutely nothing to say in favour of animal cruelty and wouldn't even say "well if people want to it's up to them" because, as you've pointed out, it's unnecessary, cowardly, malicious and shows a complete lack of empathy.

    ReplyDelete